Monday, April 14, 2008

Road Trip

11:30 at night I got a text from Jake telling me he was bored and wanted to go do something. I had no idea what we would do since it was so late at night, and the previous two nights Dan, Josh, and I had been kicked out of two different parks by the cops. So I didn't really want a repeat of that one. So We stopped by the guys dorms to grab Jake and we just took off driving. We really couldn't figure out what we wanted to do. So I had the brilliant idea that we should drive to Idaho or something like that. And right then Jason called me and asked what I was up to. I told him that we couldn't figure out what to do. So We drove back to the dorms, basically ambushed Jason and went into his room to figure out what we wanted to do.
Jake thought it would be fun to go to Wendover, but that was pointless since Jason was the only one who is 21. So the next idea was to go to Wyoming, but Jason hates Wyoming, and it had been snowing like crazy there all day. Las Vegas was another choice, but are you kidding me. I had work at noon.... we would not make it there and back, plus that is so much more gas. So the next best thing was Idaho. So we stopped by Maverick gassed up and grabbed some snacks and off we went to Idaho.

It was so random and such a blast. We decided not to just go straight up the highway. We took a detour through Logan up to Preston Idaho. We stopped took pictures at the Logan temple and it was snowing like crazy.

We also stopped at the signs for both the Idaho and the Utah signs. This was the first time Jessie had ever been to Idaho. No we didn't do anything in Idaho, but at least she has been there now. It is so much fun to be in a group of friends where you can just take off and drive somewhere and have a blast doing it.

and on our way back we each took pictures with Dino the Sinclare Dinosaur.


It was so spontaneous what we all needed after a crazy week of finals and the stress that always comes with finals. I love my friends and how crazy we all can be some days. I love having friends like this that are willing to just go on crazy adventures. I can't wait for the fall when they are back. I am going to miss them over the summer for sure.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those were the days! Enjoy them while you can - before you get old and married and just want to sleep at night:) Glad you had so much fun!

Scoops Mangum said...

That rules!