Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tubing

So a few weeks ago my friends has the bright idea that we should go tubing down Provo Canyon River. Sure sounds like fun, except the fact I don't like water. But I am trying to be a bigger person and do more daring things, so I finally agreed to it. It was such a long day and everything seemed to go wrong. The best part of the day was when we got all the way up the canyon we realized they were charging a lot to be able to rent tubs, so back down the canyon we went to buy tubes. Little did we realize that after we bought the tubes had them filled they would not fit in the car with us. So we had to get creative on how we were going to get the tubes up the canyon. We got loaded into the car, and I think the pictures are going to be a little self explanatory.




I felt like a total redneck doing this. I couldn't see out of any of my mirrors of off to the side out the windows. It was totally insane, but a lot of fun. We finally got everything taken care of and ready and were finally in the river by 5 that afternoon. Oh I wish we would have started earlier. It was cold and wet, but worth it I think. Well not really since I hate water.
It was a long day and ended with a great place to eat. We all went to Red Robin and had dinner before heading back to Salt Lake. Such a long and exciting day.

1 comment:

Chardell said...

I would be laughing seeing a car drive down the street with tubes. You guys are funny! Sounds like it all turned out okay and you had fun.